Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Time Goodies from the Garden

The squash is coming in fast and furious and I have had many requests for my Squash Cornbread recipe. It's a really simple and healthy recipe containing a fresh picked vegetable and delicious, smooth cottage cheese (mmmmm). Let me hear how your family likes it.
<div>Squash Cornbread
Ingredients
2 boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix
14 ounces small curd cottage cheese
1 stick butter (I use unsalted)
4 cups crookneck squashed, sliced thinly
3 large eggs, whisked
1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter.
In large mixing bowl, combine cornbread mix, cottage cheese, milk, and eggs. Mix thoroughly. Pour into 13 x 9 baking dish or distribute evenly among three loaf pans. Pour melted butter over top and bake for 30 minutes or until edge start to turn golden brown.
Variations: add crumbled bacon and/or grated cheddar cheese to the mix.

1 Comments:

At October 10, 2009 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna I have those coup instructions ready to send through to you. Could you please send me your email address or create a hotmail one just for the purpose of receiving them. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter