Wednesday, July 2, 2008

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N, that's the Summer Song

June 29, 2008
We've just returned from vacation on Ocracoke yesterday evening. Beth and Kelly Marie came to take care of the animals while I was gone - 10 glorious days! Kelly and I enjoyed being on the little island again.
Prior to my leaving, Shannon took the 2 Cochin roosters back to the petting farm for me. It was sad to let them go, they are both so sweet and I will miss the morning song. I got some footage of them crowing on the last day they were hear. I just have to figure out how to get it from the disk to the computer.
I suspect there may be another rooster in one of the four remaining, and pretty sure it is one of the Polish but can't tell who. It's not like they stand there with their mouths open for me to see.
I can't really see much difference in their growth since I was gone but the golden laced has definitely developed more feathers on her crown. They were all black and more like a bristle brush when I left and now there are golden feather mixed in and it's fluffier. The solid black beard she has is also more developed - it's a full beard!
I am anxious to get them outside to their own house but it's not quite finished yet - the door of the run is not on yet. They are fun to watch - they are climbing up on top of the food and water jars to get a better look out of the box. They are 10 weeks and 4 days old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter