Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Moving On Up !

Monday, June 30, 2008
"Well, we're moving on up to the East Side. To a deluxe apartment in the sky. Yeah, we're moving on up to the East Side. We finally got a piece of the pie."
Yesterday Kelly put the door on the run, put up some roosts, and made a platform for the nesting boxes. Beth and I carried the big box outside and transferred the chicks to the run. It was wonderful to see them with the breeze blowing in their feathers and the sun shining on their faces. They walked around and nibbled on the long thick blades of grass. It took awhile but they finally realized they could go in and out of the pet door and come down the ramp again. They found their food and water inside just fine. I went outside last night a few minutes before 9:00 to put them to bed. They were already huddled inside together sleeping. I simply closed the pet door. This morning at 7:00 I went out to let them out and they were still asleep! Must be the fresh air. I peeked through the back window first and called out to them. This afternoon they were inside napping when I came home from work. I wondered today how they did through the semi-heavy rain we had - perhaps they do know to "come in out of the rain."

2 Comments:

At July 3, 2008 at 3:16 PM , Blogger A.C. said...

How cool is it that you raise chickens!! I had a friend who had a chicken like the ones pictured... called Stewy, I loved the little tuft on his head!
Do you raise them for pets, eggs, or meat? Or all of the above? *shrugs* I would love to have fresh eggs every morning!

 
At July 7, 2008 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Donna said...

I'm raising them as pets and for eggs. They are much to small to be meat birds. They will all weigh less than two pounds each. Thanks for writing Corinne. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter