Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Coop Details

Well it's been almost two weeks now since the big move outside. The girls are doing well. I've learned that they really do go in when it's raining and they put themselves to bed. I go out each evening to close the pet door so they are protected at night. They enjoyed leftover corn on the cob this weekend and really cleaned up those cobs!
I have given them all names now. In the group picture above: Nutmeg, Cherry Cola, Lilliput, and Paddy Cakes.
I've included pictures of the coop and some of it's features. Pictures include: view of the house and run, an interior view (note the platform for future nesting boxes and storage for feed underneath), food & water area, the pet door, and the run roof (added the lattice for a bit of protection from the rain). Also, note the 2 x 4 just inside the door on the floor. This was added to enable cleaning (it slides up and out) and to keep the liter inside the house.

4 Comments:

At July 8, 2008 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love your blog! I will have to bring my mom over soon to see your chickens in their new home!

 
At July 8, 2008 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I love all your pics! I really need to bring my mom over to see the chicks in their new home soon!

 
At July 9, 2008 at 12:04 AM , Blogger A.C. said...

Aw! I love that name- Lilliput! Very cute... glad to see they are getting on well.
Can you keep just hens without the rooster? We are allowed to keep chickens in our city limits but the crowing roosters get so annoying when its ALL DAY LONG.

 
At July 10, 2008 at 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Don't need a rooster to get eggs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter