Friday, August 1, 2008

What's in a Name?

I forgot to mention that all the girls have now been officially named. I thought I would mention their names here and why I named them that. The Silver Laced Polish is Lilliput. So named because she is small, miniature like the Lilliputians from Gulliver's Travels. Paddy Cakes - named after my Paddy who has the same lovely reddish curly hair, a popular Irish boys name. Truly Scrumptious - the Golden Laced Polish. Named after the character from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. She wore lovely hats and was so feminine. And finally, there's Bok Choy. She's the little Mottled Cochin whose breed hails from China. I so wanted to name her Egg Drop (in Chinese) but couldn't find anyone to translate for me. However; Bok (bok,bok,bok) Choy suits her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter